Established in 2004, CPI is an independent technology innovation centre and a founding member of the UK Government’s High Value Manufacturing Catapult. CPI acts as a catalyst bringing together academia, businesses, government and investors to facilitate the necessary partnerships for effective innovation. With a deep understanding of innovation processes and funding, outstanding technical expertise and industry-relevant assets, CPI enables products and process to be quickly and cost-effectively brought to market.
With over 15 years of experience across a range of industries, CPI is able to support the development of innovative products and processes within speciality chemicals and materials. The range of facilities and multidisciplinary expertise available at CPI spans nanotechnology, formulation science, new materials and biotechnology. This enables CPI to enhance product performance, reduce the cost of scale-up and production, and help companies overcome the challenges associated with manufacturing.
Core capabilities at CPI include:
- Safe handling & containment of nanomaterials
- Functionalisation and dispersion of Nano and 2D materials (e.g. Inks)
- Rapid formulation development using high throughput screening
- Process development and scale-up of Nanoformulations
- PAT-enabled, wet granulation test bed
- Test bed for continuous mixing of complex particles
- Powder flow test bed
- Process economics
- Characterisation & application testing tools