The Global Business Innovation Programme, organised by Innovate UK and delivered by Innovate UK EDGE, consists of a preparation phase, 5‑day innovation activities focussed on Singapore, a postactivity exploitation workshop and follow- up support of approximately 12 months from an Innovate UK EDGE Innovation and Growth Specialist, helping your business maximise the opportunities identified, including developing innovation projects with partners in the territory. This initiative will be delivered virtually. Innovate UK is committed to ensure that anyone, from any background, has an equal opportunity to be successful.
Focus Areas: The aim of the initiative is to facilitate collaboration between UK and Singaporean businesses to encourage innovation and deployment of novel technologies for manufacturing.
This initiative is particularly relevant for businesses in the areas of:
• Materials and manufacturing for Renewable energy (incl. Electrification, Carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS), Hydrogen)
• Food manufacturing technologies / Agri-Tech, Industrial symbiosis (incl. water & waste)
• Digital factories, Robotics, IoT, AR/VR, Additive manufacturing, Data & AI, Precision Engineering
Why Singapore: Singapore is frequently used as a gateway to Asia due to its high GDP per capita, healthcare, transport, infrastructure quality and technology adoption, plus an attractive tax system, a familiar legal framework, and the ease of doing business in English.
• Explore opportunities in Adv Manufacturing in Singapore.
• A better understanding of the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Singapore.
• Find potential innovation collaborators and partners and develop your network in the UK and globally.
• Improve your company value proposition to international partners and investors: More information