Digital manufacturing technologies for the chemicals using industries
Join the KTN for an exciting event exploring the positive impact of digital technologies on the chemicals, materials and formulations sectors. Participants are encouraged to submit 2‑minute video pitches!
Following on from last year’s successful event ‘Going Digital: Computational tools in chemical R&D’ the KTN Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology team are running a virtual event to explore how digital technologies can be used to deliver improved efficiencies and increased productivity in scale-up and at-scale manufacturing. Digital technologies have the ability to deliver advanced capabilities and improved productivity but there is limited uptake in of new capabilities and justifying the change and demonstrating these benefits can be difficult.
The event will bring together digital technology providers, manufacturers, research organisations and academics to showcase existing and emerging digital technologies for the chemicals, materials, formulations industries to explore where digital technologies can enable these productivity gains to be realised. From data analytics to digital twins we will explore the practical aspects of implementing these approaches in your business and provide opportunities to pitch and meet with other delegates.
Attendees will be able to:
- Learn about new and emerging digital technologies that can deliver increased capability and productivity
- Provide input into the sector barriers and challenges faced in adopting new digital technologies and the difficulties experienced when attempting to implement them
- Through the virtual event platform delegates can arrange and hold meetings with other participants to discuss opportunities on a one-to-one basis
- All participants will have the opportunity to submit a 2 minute video to pitch a product, service, research idea or technology challenge which will be viewable by all other delegates via the event platform
Confirmed organisations include: KTN, Siemens, CPI, University of Manchester, Croda, Chemtrix and Hosokawa Micron.
- 09:30 | Introduction and Plenary session
The session will provide an overview of why advances in digital technologies are important and what benefits they can deliver.
- 10:45 | Digital technologies for scale-up and process development
The session will focus on the digital technologies for scale-up and process development, learning about challenges and solutions from sector and technology experts, followed by a panel discussion.
- 13:00 | Digital technologies for at-scale manufacturing
The session will focus on the digital technologies for at-scale manufacturing, learning about challenges and solutions from sector and technology experts, followed by a panel discussion. Register here